02 03 Ann Mortimer's Painting Blog: DVD now available on Amazon 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

DVD now available on Amazon

34

Backlit snowdrops

Just to let you know that I have made the DVD "Watercolour Techniques by Ann Mortimer" available on Amazon.

http://tinyurl.com/qcot6oj


Many people do not have a PayPal account and perhaps don't want to create one (even though it's a really useful thing to have!).  But I know that many people, like me, order regularly on Amazon so it made sense to put my DVD up for sale there.

It has been a beautiful spring day here in Nottingham and the Spring flowers are out in force...hellebores, primroses, tiny iris reticulata, crocus, snowdrops, daffodils, and many others.  Such a cheerful sight!  

I painted the above snowdrops from a photo that I had taken when the low Winter sun was lighting up the tiny bunch of blooms from behind.  I love that effect, but it requires quite a brave use of darks in the background to bring out the pristine white snowdrops as well as some deep shadows on the petals.







35 36 37 38