02 03 Ann Mortimer's Painting Blog: Irises update 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Irises update

34
I've been deeply immersed in Irises , working on two paintings at once.

At the beginning of the week, I finished off a painting that I had started some weeks ago, not to say months, as a way of getting used to Irises again and their forms and how to best render these complicated flowers.

Here are the stages





The finished painting.  Blue Irises

I think these flowers are very popular when painted.  They are such beautiful forms and to think that these petals all unfurl from quite small buds and finish up as a mass of frilliness and beauty.  They are astonishing and fascinating at the same time.

Now I am tackling the large half sheet Irises painting.  Still some way to go...



35 36 37 38