02 03 Ann Mortimer's Painting Blog: Work in progress on the daffodils 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Work in progress on the daffodils

34
It was such a sad and disturbing day yesterday with the happenings in Paris.  I was shocked into silence and quiet thoughts as I guess many of us were.

But today is a new day and with gratitude for being safe and at peace here, I am back working on the daffodils.

By the way Hello to the new members who have joined...so glad to have you following!

The daffodils at the window painting has been progressing.

I masked out the brightest areas first.


Then I started in an unusual and quite risky way by laying in the shadows over the whole painting with a mix of ultramarine. some pink and some burnt sienna.  I ignored the local colour, screwed up my eyes and just painted the darker tones.



Then when that was dry I started putting in some local colour straight over the dark tonal mix.  In the photo below the masking fluid is still on.



More tomorrow!




35 36 37 38