02 03 Ann Mortimer's Painting Blog: Moved and settled at last... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Moved and settled at last...

34
Well if I have anyone at all reading this blog post I will be very surprised and very grateful.  It's been such a long time since I shared anything about art or painting while moving house.  It's been an upheaval but we are settled now and my mind is gradually being freed up to resume painting and thinking creative thoughts.

As I write I am looking out of a bedroom window over open fields and a glorious blue sky with fluffy fine weather clouds...my new studio is roomy and comfortable and the view lets me breathe and dream of wide horizons.  Can't wait to get down to some work and to be inspired by it.


While rooting around in one of the many bags and boxes I came upon an abandoned iris painting...a single one with water droplets on its petals.  Perhaps I'll have a go at that.  Often a good idea to revisit abandoned work as a way of getting going again.

Anyway, this is by way of a hello and nice to see you again and I hope to be posting more over the next few weeks.

Some exciting news is that I am working on the idea of providing on line courses and tuition.  So stay tuned!






35 36 37 38