02 03 Ann Mortimer's Painting Blog: A Happy New Creative Year to you! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Happy New Creative Year to you!

34
A Happy New Year to everyone!

This blog has been sorely neglected over the last few months due to our having moved house and my having been very busy doing all the various chores that come with setting up a new home.

But here I am sitting in my new art room enjoying a beautiful view over open fields at the back of this new house and I couldn’t be more content!


My view as I paint in my new art room


But here’s a thing. 
Why haven’t  I produced any art for such a long time?  That’s a question I cannot answer and it has been preying on my mind all this time.  Real artists draw and paint every day don’t they?  How has it been possible for me to leave it alone for so long?

Answers on a postcard...or leave me a comment if you have suffered this sort of artist’s block in the past and how you have overcome it.


My poor neglected palette from the last time I painted
Quite beautiful in itself, huh?


My last watercolour painted in June 2015


In the meantime, I’m passing on a piece of important information.

As they are more or less sold out, I have withdrawn my watercolour techniques DVD from sale on Amazon.  There are only a few remaining which can be ordered on my website through PayPal, but no longer via Amazon.

Many people have asked about a second DVD.  Plans are afoot to produce some video material which will be downloadable direct.  No sending off for DVDs, just a click and a payment you will be able to view the video in a matter of minutes, even seconds and it will be there for you to watch again and again.

This takes some setting up though!  But hopefully this Spring will see some watercolour techniques downloads available from AnnMortimerArt. 





35 36 37 38